Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Miracles - Hi... We're the Miracles (1961)

top-notch classic r&b
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgRICrAbeEznHJpmIXDP-rY6AhCJCSOvI1GpOEd2LYy699wcqzighm18zGuLk3tTnN2NsI48mgjd7GROJ13v6gk2AsPqyrk8sWbyWaRCt7R0csX1-uKbY6dOLDmIe1VO_kWZae9pUjP7fCJ/s320/hi+were+the+miracles.jpg

I've been recently getting into alot of R&B looking for more music that sounds like this. This is what I think of when I think "R&B." That name has come to mean many kinds of music over the years, it's rare to be talking about the same kind with anybody. This album, however, is the early 60's, I vi IV V, harmonized, light soul vocals that I had in my mind. It's simple, catchy, and there's not a bad song on the album. Other Miracles records are good, but not as consistently as this one.

Listen if you like: Pre-Motown Sound R&B, soul without funk, and perhaps most importantly if you like to dance

My favorites: Who's Lovin' You, Way Over There, Don't Leave Me (Shop Around seems obvious)

Rapidshare Download

Link Found Here


1 comment: