Saturday, August 29, 2009

Le Face - Isolation (2008)

fresh and looooooow-fi punk rock
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEir9ljh2VugDXp6bMSWw3Jmw345mqlgue3KOPgBmMcE1XcnuaqAeOR89NTnIhobSM9P3Sod5gxsgEsGD0dvPhXp9egY3VFfInNGf1RJlpSbL5LIr7O8-yAsO7aMiXpetJKdKQDmbfapbBc/s320/300.gif
It's no secret that I'm a closet punker. I keep hip on all the latest underground punk bands with my subscriptions to punk oriented magazines or "zines" as we call them. I'm always going down to the record store and buying split-45s featuring 4 or 5 killer local bands, real DIY like. That's why I was hesitant to listen to Le Face's Isolation. I mean, we all know what happens to bands after they sign on to Dead Beat Records. Alright, this pointless and unfunny charade is taking up too much of my time. I know nothing about this band or Dead Beat Records. I do know that a friend told me about this album when I was in a musical rut and couldn't get exited about anything. I don't listen to much punk, especially modern indie stuff like this. But this album made me want to. It's the kind of lo-fi punk that really gets me going. It's too frantic to be pop-punk and too catchy to be hardcore. Honestly some of the songs sound alot alike, but they rarely stray above 2:30 so what have you got to complain about. Okay, the Salvador Dali song is kind of stupid. But whatever, it's 25 minutes long and well worth your time.

Listen if you like: Black Lips, Lovvers, Joy Division

My favorites: Bright White Faces, Manic Depression (not that Manic Depression,) Isolation, Boys and Girls (the intro reminds me of 69 Tears, am I crazy?)

Megaupload Download

Link Found Here

Their one live video doesn't do the band justice. Just listen to the album.

1 comment: